RECENT FEATURES & COLUMNS
MOST READ ARTICLES
- Getting a Feel for Better Infection Control
- MRI Safety 10 Years Later
- Data Trends: High-Alert Medications: Error Prevalence and Severity
- Data Trends: Epidemiology and Impact of Patient Falls in Healthcare Facilities
- National Quality Forum Endorses Measures to Improve Medication Safety and Quality
- FDA Public Workshop on MRI Safety
SPONSORED EVENT LISTINGS
Center for Patient Safety
2014 Annual Patient Safety Conference
March 21, 2014
St. Louis, Missouri
For healthcare consumers, executives, senior managers, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, other clinicians who lead or manage organizations or provide direct patient care, and those who pay for care or establish healthcare policy. Leaders and caregivers from health system, hospital, home health, nursing home, pharmacy, and other provider organizations, as well as health plan representatives, employers, insurers, and regulators will benefit from this conference.
For more information please visit http://www.centerforpatientsafety.org/2014conference
Denver—Medical Simulation Corporation (MSC) offers guideline-based simulation training solutions for health care organizations seeking funding through the Health Care Innovation Challenge.
Denver—Medical Simulation Corporation (MSC) offers guideline-based simulation training solutions for health care organizations seeking funding through the Health Care Innovation Challenge, announced on November 14, by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Simulation provides a unique, risk-free environment in which health care practitioners can hone their skills in managing patients with diagnoses associated with high mortality and high cost to the health care system. MSC is the first simulation training provider to offer a full suite of Quality Initiative Programs and training services that meet the Health Care Innovation Challenge application requirements in areas that are the most costly to hospitals in terms of lives and expense, including Sepsis, Stroke, Heart Disease, and more:
- Workforce Development and Deployment: MSC’s simulation-based programs provide standardized training that has demonstrated the ability to improve health care professionals’ knowledge and confidence in evidence-based guidelines for patient care.
- Speed to Implementation: MSC’s programs and turnkey training services are current with national guidelines and immediately available for rapid deployment across an entire health care organization.
- Model Sustainability: MSC offers several efficient and effective training options that allow health care organizations to perpetuate the implementation of evidence-based guidelines and support cost-effectiveness across an entire system.
“Medical Simulation is dedicated to creating strong collaborations with hospitals, health care systems, and the public sector to deliver better health, improved care, and lower costs to all patients,” says Bill Younkes, President of Medical Simulation Corporation.
For more information about the Health Care Innovation Challenge, visit www.innovation.cms.gov. For more information about Medical Simulation Corporation’s Quality Initiative Programs, visit www.medsimulation.com.
About Medical Simulation Corporation
Medical Simulation Corporation (MSC) is a recognized health care industry leader in providing full-service simulation training and education services to health care personnel, medical societies, and medical product manufacturers. MSC’s patient safety solutions are designed to strengthen the competence and confidence of nurses, physicians, and technologists. Through its network of training platforms, MSC can provide customized training services to any location worldwide. For more information, visit www.medsimulation.com.