Corp Patient Safety Specialist
At OhioHealth, we achieve a rare balance between exceptional healthcare and integrity. As we push the limits of science, we never lose sight of our heartfelt mission and sense of community. We’re a tight-knit group that discovers and succeeds together. As a part of our team, you’ll sharpen the skills and expand the knowledge you need to be at the top of your profession. And because our achievements never outshine our values, we have been consistently ranked a top employer by Fortune Magazine.
OhioHealth is seeking a full-time Corp Patient Safety Specialist in Columbus, OH. This position leads system-wide patient safety and clinical quality programs as directed by the System Vice President of Quality and Safety. It is responsible for the strategic deployment of patient safety and quality principles with a focus on improving patient outcomes, reducing risks, eliminating errors, implementing best practices and national initiatives, monitoring compliance, and leading organizational change. As a professional liaison and corporate advocate for OhioHealth, this role supports both clinical and operational initiatives and engages senior leaders in changing the organization’s patient safety culture. The focus is to ensure patient safety and quality care delivery is implemented, and national standards of care are met consistently and reliably.
- Master's or Advanced Degree in nursing, pharmacy, or healthcare administration is required and a clinical background
- Knowledge of Patient Safety literature, national best practices in patient safety and quality, knowledge of accreditation and regulatory groups requirements/ recommendations, methods and strategies for successful process improvement (e.g., PDCA Cycle), problem solving, and project management
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in process or performance improvement, quality, outcomes management, and patient safety
- 3 - 5 years of experience in quality and process improvement related to patient safety
- Experience leading/managing people, implementing process improvement initiatives, leading cultural change and managing multi-faceted projects and initiatives
- Examples of applicable experience include being a project leader or team leader of a successful project within patient safety, process improvement, and related experience
- Patient Safety Officer Coursework sponsored by an organization that is recognized as a respectable leader in healthcare (e.g., IHI)
- Professional Certification in Healthcare Quality, and/or Process Improvement Methodologies (e.g.: Six Sigma, Lean)
- Working knowledge of Human Factors Engineering, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, root cause analysis, apparent cause analysis, common cause analysis and delivery of patient care within an integrated healthcare system
- Previous management of patient safety programs and initiatives at a healthcare systems level
Interested candidates can apply online at jobsatohiohealth.com and reference job ID: 917194
At OhioHealth, you'll find that we're making a difference. Together, inclusion and equal opportunity make us great.