Infirmary Health Achieves Rapid Physician Adoption of its EHR Using Nuance Cloud-Based Speech Recognition
Nuance Communications, Inc., has announced that Infirmary Health has achieved rapid success deploying Nuance clinical speech recognition technology embedded within Epic’s apps, which simplifies how physicians enter clinical information on mobile devices.
AAMI, ECRI Institute Report Guides Senior Executives on Meeting Key Healthcare Technology Safety Challenges
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) and ECRI Institute have joined forces in a first-of-its kind effort to help medical device and healthcare delivery executives identify and monitor trends related to technology safety issues.
Baptist Health Becomes World’s First Health System to Adopt Uniforms with Fluid-Repelling, Antimicrobial Textile Technology
Baptist Health will become the first health system to widely adopt specialized staff garments featuring Vestex® textile technology, which has been demonstrated to repel fluids and minimize the risk of transmission of organisms.
atients visiting a clinic for an injection to relieve their pain or for chemotherapy don’t expect to leave with a new condition such as hepatitis, but unfortunately thousands of patients have been adversely affected in this way when they received an injection at their doctor’s office or in the hospital.
Nurse-led initiatives in seven Boston-area hospitals measurably improved patient outcomes while demonstrating a combined fiscal impact of nearly $8 million in anticipated annual savings to the organizations.
Nearly 40 million anesthetics are administered annually in the United States. To raise awareness of the risks of anesthesia or sedation and precautions that should be taken, The Joint Commission released a new Speak Up™ infographic for patients and consumers titled “Speak Up: About Anesthesia and Sedation.”
Palos Community Hospital has added TRU-D SmartUVC™ to its patient safety and infection control arsenal and will be using the UV disinfection robot in patient rooms as well as surgical suites to eliminate harmful pathogens after traditional cleaning routines are carried out.
RL Solutions, creators of healthcare quality and safety software, has announced that Ochsner Health System has successfully deployed RL6:Infection, RL's infection surveillance system, throughout its eight facilities.
Sometimes a chair is much more than a chair. Champion Manufacturing’s recliners have acquired added value for healthcare providers as they try to meet new standards of patient care created by the Affordable Care Act.
The National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF), a central voice for patient safety since 1997, recently welcomed the Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction as the newest member of the NPSF Stand Up for Patient Safety program. An independent agency within the Massachusetts Center for Health Information and Analysis, the Betsy Lehman Center is the first state agency to join the Stand Up program.
The Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) has received frequent reports of errors involving vaccine administration to a patient where only one of two necessary vaccine components supplied is administered. These errors leave patients unprotected against serious and sometimes fatal communicable diseases.
In a new report, the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST), recommends implementing a “systems engineering” approach to achieve lower cost and higher quality in healthcare.
There is a growing trend across the U.S. for hospitals to seek ISO: 9001-2008 certification as a key component in their continuing commitment to be a highly reliable organization.
Truven Health Analytics, a provider of healthcare analytics and data solutions and services, has acquired Simpler Consulting®, the global leader in providing Lean enterprise transformation services. The strategic acquisition combines Truven’s market-leading cost and quality analytics with Simpler’s performance management consulting capabilities to deliver impactful and tangible performance improvement solutions to healthcare, government, and commercial customers.
- MEPS Real-Time Introduces Smallest RFID Smart Tag for Pharmacy Automation
- New HHS Data Show Quality Improvements
- CPS Shows Commitment to Improving Patient Safety and Quality in Pre-Hospital Care
- Curing the Ills of Hospital Design
- Health IT, Care Coordination, Drug Shortages Lead 2014 List of Top 10 Patient Safety Concerns
- Cloud-Based Imaging and Report Exchange Coordinates Patient Care
- Record Hand Hygiene Observations More Efficiently
- Awarepoint Humidity-Sensing Tag Now Available
- Longer Nurse Tenure on Hospital Units Leads to Higher Quality Care
- New SHEA Epi Project Winner to Examine Best Practices in HAI Surveillance
- ‘Management by Walking Around’ Programs in Hospitals May Do More Harm Than Good
- AHA Launches Symposium for Healthcare Quality Leaders to Increase Patient Safety Improvements
- Sanford Health’s Real-time Operational Intelligence Initiative Includes Sonitor Sense Technology
- Borgess Health Implements Nuance Solution to Drive Improved Quality Scores
- American Society of Anesthesiologists Selects Premier, Inc. to Develop Learning Collaborative