The Awarepoint Humidity Tag monitors ambient room moisture in critical areas, eliminating manual logging, immediately notifying personnel of irregularities, and increasing compliance with issue resolution documentation.
When it comes to the cost and quality of hospital care, nurse tenure and teamwork matters. Patients get the best care when they are treated in units that are staffed by nurses who have extensive experience in their current job, according to a study from researchers at Columbia University School of Nursing and Columbia Business School.
The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) has announced Jason Lempp, MPH, CIC, as the winner of the third annual EPI Project Competition. Lempp was honored with the early investigator award for his project looking to determine if the Washington State Validation Protocol for central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs) can be a scalable, sustainable model for tracking and ensuring quality national data on healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
Management-By-Walking-Around, a widely adopted technique in hospitals in which senior managers visit the frontlines of their organizations to solicit improvement ideas and resolve issues, has the potential to do more harm than good, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and Harvard Business School (HBS).
To further cement its commitment to improve quality and patient safety in America’s hospitals, the American Hospital Association is launching a new forum – the Symposium for Leaders in Healthcare Quality (SLHQ). SLHQ provides healthcare improvement professionals a setting to collaborate and share best practices to improve quality and patient safety.
Sonitor Technologies, Inc., a technology leader in Real Time Locating Systems (RTLS) in healthcare, has completed of the installation of its innovative RTLS hardware technology at Sanford Health’s new Moorhead clinic, scheduled to open at the end of April.
Nuance Communications, Inc. has announced that Borgess Health, which provides care to nearly one million people across southwest Michigan, has secured $9 million in additional appropriate revenue within one year of implementing the Nuance Compliant Documentation Management Program (CDMP®), part of the Nuance Clintegrity 360 | CDI solution.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) has chosen Premier, Inc., a leading health care improvement company, to develop a first-of-its-kind learning collaborative for the ASA’s Perioperative Surgical Home (PSH) model of care.
ECRI Institute Patient Safety Organization (PSO), a leader in analyzing safety data associated with electronic health records, has launched the first multi-stakeholder partnership to generate new knowledge on safe health IT practices.
Harris Corporation’s FusionFX Patient Portal has been certified to enable health system customers to meet important Meaningful Use requirements and qualify for related government funding.
Best Doctors, Inc., a global health company that brings together the best minds in medicine to help people get the right diagnosis and treatment plan, has announced the successful deployment of its acclaimed Medting™ solution, a cutting-edge, cloud-based software that allows clinicians to easily and securely collaborate while enabling access to shared diagnostic image and video files.
A new partnership between TeleTracking Technologies; Hill-Rom Company; and GOJO, makers of Purell hand sanitizer, will allow hospitals to use TeleTracking’s Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) to track, measure, and report hand hygiene compliance.
Enabling patients and families to be respected partners in health care—from the exam room to the policy arena—is essential if the U.S. health care system is to continue to make progress in patient safety. That is the central message of a report released recently by the National Patient Safety Foundation’s Lucian Leape Institute.
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital recently brought together software designers and developers from around the city and country for InnovateNYP, New York's first hospital-focused hackathon. Seventeen teams worked around the clock to develop an innovation that would enhance and improve myNYP, the hospital's online patient portal, which allows patients to track their health records, coordinate doctors' appointments, and more.
athenahealth Announces First Cloud-Based Clinical Integration and Patient Access Service for Hospitals and Health Systems
athenahealth, Inc. a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination, has announced a new service for hospitals and health systems, athenaCoordinator(R) Enterprise.
- Surgical Notes Develops Mobile Transcription Application to Improve Completion of Physician Operative Notes
- First Databank Releases FDB AlertSpace Alert Management Solution
- International Panel of Pathology Leaders Develop Principles for Patient Safety
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use in Hospitals Putting Patients At Risk
- Patient Engagement Software Aimed at Improving Care Transitions and Patient Satisfaction
- HIMSS Nursing Workforce Survey Results Show Growth in Informatics Specialty
- Advocates Join APSF's Call for 'Paradigm Shift' in Hospitals’ Treatment of Patients Receiving Opioids
- National Patient Safety Foundation Urges Public to Navigate Your Health…Safely
- Results of Hospital Medication Safety Self Assessment Includes List of National Priorities
- 2013 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award Recipients Announced
- Leading Pharmacies and Retailers Join National Effort to Provide Patients with Easy Access to Personal Health Information
- John Q. Sherman Award for Excellence in Patient Engagement Open for Nominations
- Solution Designed Specifically for Med/Surg Floors Addresses Unmet Patient Surveillance Needs in Hospitals
- New Tool Shows Promise in Helping Surgical Teams Predict Home Discharge for Their Patients
- HRET Selects Nancy Schlichting as 2014 TRUST Award Recipient