Washington, D.C.—The National Quality Forum (NQF) and The Joint Commission announced the 2011 recipients of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards. The awards will be presented on April 5, 2012 during a luncheon at the 2012 NQF Annual Conference and Membership Meeting in Washington, D.C.
Sandy, Utah—About one in two nurses experience blood exposure, other than from a needlestick, on their skin or in their eyes, nose or mouth at least once a month when inserting a peripheral intravenous (IV) catheter, according to a new study by the International Healthcare Worker Safety Center at the University of Virginia. Exposure to blood carries the risk of infection from pathogens such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV) and MRSA.
Wolters Kluwer Health Expands Lippincott’s Professional Development Programs’ Offering for Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
JCI, SHEA Release “Best Practices in Infection Prevention and Control: An International Perspective, Second Edition”
Oak Brook, Illinois—Teaming up to provide an essential infection prevention and control (IPC) resource for health care organizations around the globe, Joint Commission International (JCI) and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) announce the publication of Best Practices in Infection Prevention and Control: An International Perspective, Second Edition. JCI is a not-for-profit affiliate of The Joint Commission.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin—True Process, Inc., a Milwaukee, Wisconsin, healthcare information technology services provider and software engineering firm, has purchased VeriScan from Hospira, Inc., the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies.
Language Line Services Collaborates with Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy on Annual Conference
Monterey, California—Language Line Services, the world's leading provider of translation and interpretation services, will collaborate with the Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy (SHCA) as a key sponsor at its 2012 Annual Conference in Austin, Texas set for April 17-20, 2012. SHCA is a nonprofit patient advocacy organization affiliated with the American Hospital Association.
Houston, Texas—Simulation Center at Texas Children's Hospital has begun providing Pediatric Simulation Training for Emergency Pre-hospital Providers (Pedi-STEPPs) to members of the Houston Fire Department (HFD) EMS. A grant from the Cullen Trust for Healthcare, as well as a community benefit donation from Texas Children's Hospital will allow this innovative training to be offered free of charge to the City for 500 firefighters over the next two years.
Barrington, Illinois—GE Healthcare Performance Solutions, a unit of GE Healthcare announced the launch of a 90-day evaluation for its Global Patient Safety Network (GPSN), an online community for hospitals to collaborate with peers around the world with the goal of improving patient safety.
Princeton, New Jersey—At a time when a shortage of primary care providers is threatening the accessibility and quality of care in the country, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is teaming with the Group Health Research Institute on a new national program designed to identify creative practices that make primary care more efficient and effective.
The National Quality Forum (NQF) Board of Directors has announced that NQF’s President and CEO Janet Corrigan has submitted her resignation, effective late June 2012. Corrigan has served as NQF’s President and CEO for more than six years.
- New SAFE CARE Program to Provide Patient Education at Bedside
- Next Generation Electronic Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Education Program Introduced
- iMAGOX™ Is World's First Non Magnetic MRI SpO2 Monitor with Fully Functional Wireless Remote Control
- Surgical Information Systems Receives HFMA Peer Reviewed Designation
- First Databank Addresses Medication Alert Fatigue in HIT Systems
- Awarepoint Launches New Version of aware360°Suite of Real-time Location System Solutions
- Siemens Announces New Clinical Solutions to Help Improve Care Coordination
- Imprivata Announces Secure Texting Application for Healthcare
- PatientSafe Solutions Unveils PatientTouch, Wireless Clinical Mobility Solution
- GE Healthcare Performance Solutions Introduces New Offering to Reduce Unwarranted Clinical Variation in Hospitals
- Mercy Medical Center Chooses Wolters Kluwer Health Clinical Solutions Sentri7® for Clinical Surveillance
- Children's Hospital and Medical Center Selects iSirona for Medical Device Integration
- HCA Announces Collaboration with AirStrip Technologies
- Sentara Healthcare Chooses EXTENSION Clinical Alerting Solutions for Nurses
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center Goes Live with Awarepoint's Real-time Location System