The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), the organization overseeing the certification of physician specialists in the United States, announces the creation of an award for a distinguished national leader in Health Care Quality and Patient Safety. Nominations must be submitted by Aug. 31.
Orlando, Florida, August 8, 2011 — Armed with an ever-growing body of research suggesting that textiles — specifically, medical uniforms — play a key role in the transmission of disease in healthcare settings, Vestagen Technical Textiles participated in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) stakeholder meetings to examine exposure to infectious diseases in health care workplaces.
To Better Is Human: MedStar Health Forms "National Center for Human Factors Engineering in Healthcare" to Advance Patient Safety
Washington, DC, Aug 1, 2011—MedStar Health has announced the formation of the "National Center for Human Factors Engineering in Healthcare." The Center is a unique scientific research center that applies safety science methods used by the military, aviation, and nuclear industries to support a "Patient First" philosophy.
Language Line Services Partners with Manhattan Cross Cultural Group and Quality Interactions to Provide Innovative Tools to Improve Healthcare for Diverse Patient Populations
Traverse City, Michigan, August 3, 2011 — A unique joint tracking solution that gives hospitals complete situational awareness from the scene of a mass casualty incident through patient admittance and discharge could play a critical role in victim treatment and survivability in the event of a mass casualty event.
Washington, D.C. and Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois August 3, 2011—The National Quality Forum (NQF) and The Joint Commission are accepting applications for the 2011 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards.
Washington, DC, July 29, 2011—The U.S. Food and Drug Administration should gather the information needed to develop a new regulatory framework to replace the 35-year-old 510(k) clearance process for medical devices, says a new report from the Institute of Medicine.
Organizations that have demonstrated measurable improvement results are invited to present at ASQ's Quality Institute for Healthcare, May 21-23, 2012, in Anaheim, Calif. Deadline for submissions is Sept. 5, 2011.
July 27, 2011 – In recognition of a growing body of studies highlighting the key role nurses’ play in patient safety, The Leapfrog Group announced they will publicly report on hospitals that have demonstrated nursing excellence on Leapfrog’s annual hospital survey.
Denver, Colorado, July 26, 2011 — Health Language, Inc.® (HLI), the global leader in medical terminology management, announced that it has expanded its provider friendly technology (PFT) solution to over 120,000 terms in addition to the existing terms used by SNOMED-CT and ICD.
- Excela Health Selects Next-generation Radio Frequency Detection Technology to Prevent Retained Surgical Items
- National Health Care Provider Associations Join Forces to Reduce Emergency Department Crowding
- Call for Letters of Intent to Conduct Research and Development in Patient Safety
- Cardinal Health Foundation Provides $1.2 Million in Grant Funding to Improve Patient Safety at the Point-of-Care
- Sermo Launches Real Time Medicine™ Mobile App for Physicians
- North Shore-LIJ Health System and Institute for Healthcare Improvement Announce Partnership to Reduce Sepsis Mortality
- CJPS Medical Systems Launches Breakthrough Portable Vital Signs Monitor
- 3M Announces Solution to Provide Real-Time Infection Rate and Cost Data Associated With Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- Health Literacy Innovations Launches the 2011 National Health Literacy Innovators Contest
- ISMP to Assess U.S. Hospitals Regarding Medication Safety Practices
- The University of Kansas Hospital Goes Live with ZynxOrder and ZynxCare Integrated into EHR
- Memorial Hermann to Employ Cutting-Edge Radiology Image Management and Sharing Platform
- Cautious Patient Foundation Announces New Grants Program Aimed to Improve Patient Safety and Quality of Healthcare
- iPhones Adopted by The Nebraska Medical Center
- North Shore-LIJ Health System Selects SIS Anesthesia