Language Line Services Collaborates with Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy on Annual Conference
Monterey, California—Language Line Services, the world's leading provider of translation and interpretation services, will collaborate with the Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy (SHCA) as a key sponsor at its 2012 Annual Conference in Austin, Texas set for April 17-20, 2012. SHCA is a nonprofit patient advocacy organization affiliated with the American Hospital Association.
Houston, Texas—Simulation Center at Texas Children's Hospital has begun providing Pediatric Simulation Training for Emergency Pre-hospital Providers (Pedi-STEPPs) to members of the Houston Fire Department (HFD) EMS. A grant from the Cullen Trust for Healthcare, as well as a community benefit donation from Texas Children's Hospital will allow this innovative training to be offered free of charge to the City for 500 firefighters over the next two years.
Barrington, Illinois—GE Healthcare Performance Solutions, a unit of GE Healthcare announced the launch of a 90-day evaluation for its Global Patient Safety Network (GPSN), an online community for hospitals to collaborate with peers around the world with the goal of improving patient safety.
Princeton, New Jersey—At a time when a shortage of primary care providers is threatening the accessibility and quality of care in the country, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) is teaming with the Group Health Research Institute on a new national program designed to identify creative practices that make primary care more efficient and effective.
The National Quality Forum (NQF) Board of Directors has announced that NQF’s President and CEO Janet Corrigan has submitted her resignation, effective late June 2012. Corrigan has served as NQF’s President and CEO for more than six years.
Encouraging patients and their families to take an active role in their health care by becoming involved and informed is critical. In celebration of Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 4-10, a unique patient safety education program will be released to provide patients and their families with instant access to current patient safety videos at their bedside and while receiving care. The 2012 SAFE CARE Patient Safety Education Program, is a free offering developed to assist health care organizations in educating patients to help prevent medical errors.
iMAGOX™ Is World's First Non Magnetic MRI SpO2 Monitor with Fully Functional Wireless Remote Control
Winter Park, Florida—IRadimed Corporation, the innovator in patient fluid delivery systems for the MRI environment, announced the launch of the iMAGOX™ 2460 Non Magnetic MRI compatible SpO2 Monitor with state-of-the-art Masimo SET Technology inside.
- GE Healthcare Performance Solutions Introduces New Offering to Reduce Unwarranted Clinical Variation in Hospitals
- Mercy Medical Center Chooses Wolters Kluwer Health Clinical Solutions Sentri7® for Clinical Surveillance
- Children's Hospital and Medical Center Selects iSirona for Medical Device Integration
- HCA Announces Collaboration with AirStrip Technologies
- Sentara Healthcare Chooses EXTENSION Clinical Alerting Solutions for Nurses
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center Goes Live with Awarepoint's Real-time Location System
- ACPE Announces Winner of Award Named in Honor of Dr. Lucian Leape
- U.S. Among Leaders in Healthcare IT Use and Adoption, Accenture Eight-Country Study Reports
- Healthcare Technology Leaders Identify Staffing Resources as Top Barrier to IT
- Cloud-based Medical Image Exchange May Be Efficient, Outcome-Driven Alternative to "Sneakernet," Report Shows
- Electronic Health Records Association Releases Statement Of Commitment On Patient Safety
- HIMSS Statement on Release of Meaningful Use Stage 2 NPRM
- Singlewire Announces Release of InformaCast Version 8.1
- The AHA Exclusively Re-Endorses CyraCom’s Language Solutions
- Tips Help Healthcare Workers Stay Healthy in Bariatric Patient Care