Denver—The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) has published an Implementation Guide for the Recommended practices for prevention of retained surgical items (RSIs).
Denver, Colorado—The Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) has awarded the AORN Seal of Recognition™ to education materials developed by Cardinal Health.
AHRQ announces free training opportunities for TeamSTEPPS (Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety), a set of evidence-based, practical tools that helps hospitals and other health care providers strengthen teamwork among caregivers with the goal of improving patient safety. AHRQ and the Department of Defense designed the TeamSTEPPS program specifically for health care providers for use in a variety of care settings.
The Certification Board for Professionals in Patient Safety (CBPPS) has announced the official launch date for the highly-anticipated Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) exam. This credentialing process is designed to establish patient safety competency standards and elevate the professional stature of healthcare professionals who meet knowledge requirements in safety science, human factors engineering, and the practice of safe care.
In recognition of the advancement of patient safety as an acknowledged and critical discipline across the care continuum, testing for the CPPS credential will be made available as Patient Safety Awareness Week kicks off globally on March 5, 2012.
IMCO-STAT ED Discrepancy is designed to streamline the workflow process of ED physicians sending critical patient diagnosis to the radiologist. The system notifies the radiologist of the ED information and allows the radiologist to agree or disagree with the ED diagnosis based on the exam. If there is a discrepancy, the system automatically alerts the ED physician for immediate attention, and creates an audit trail of all communications.
Independa and LG Team to Provide Industry-First Suite of TV-Based Eldercare Services to Senior Living Market
Nearly 1 in 8 Americans are age 65 or older, with higher percentages in countries such as Japan, South Korea and the United Kingdom. To serve the rapidly-growing aging population, Independa announced a strategic relationship with Zenith, the U.S. R&D subsidiary of LG Electronics, to deploy technology that will provide residents of eldercare facilities an industry-first suite of video calling, messaging, reminders and other services that enables them to keep in touch with professional and family caregivers.
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) announced that it is collaborating with Health Dialog, a leading provider of health care analytics and decision support, on a new pilot program that will offer health coaching to people with chronic illnesses to help them stay well and out of the hospital.
The number of reportable adverse events in Minnesota hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and community behavioral health hospitals increased from 305 in 2010 to 316 in 2011, according to a report released by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). Despite the increase, the number of events resulting in serious injury or death to a patient decreased from 107 in 2010 to 89 in 2011.
- 3M Makes Call to Action to Reduce Surgical Site Infections
- ECRI Institute Puts 10 Technology Issues on its 2012 Watch List for Hospital Executives
- Improve Patient Safety through Leadership Fellowship
- Two Nurses Recognized as Emerging Leaders in Informatics
- Fujifilm Holdings Announces Agreement to Acquire SonoSite, Inc.
- Many TeleTracking Patient Flow Functions Now Compatible With Apple® iPad®
- The Latest Advancement in Pre-screening Technology for MRI
- Language Line Services Introduces Web-Based Language Access Portal Using Mobile Devices
- Real-Time Location System Early Adopters Report Operational Efficiency Gain
- Johns Hopkins Collaborates with Lockheed Martin to Build Next-Generation ICU
- Three Receive 'Safe Transitions' Innovation Challenge Awards
- Joint Commission Issues Alert on Healthcare Worker Fatigue
- Training Solutions for Healthcare Organizations Applying to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Care Innovation Challenge
- Cautious Patient Foundation Launches Program to Help Patients Remember Medical Instructions and Improve Outcomes
- Cardinal Health Launches Innovative Barcode Administration to Help Hospitals Bridge Medication Safety Gaps