July 27, 2011 – In recognition of a growing body of studies highlighting the key role nurses’ play in patient safety, The Leapfrog Group announced they will publicly report on hospitals that have demonstrated nursing excellence on Leapfrog’s annual hospital survey.
Denver, Colorado, July 26, 2011 — Health Language, Inc.® (HLI), the global leader in medical terminology management, announced that it has expanded its provider friendly technology (PFT) solution to over 120,000 terms in addition to the existing terms used by SNOMED-CT and ICD.
Des Plaines, Illinois, July 13, 2011—Emergency department crowding has long been a serious problem for hospitals, health care providers and patients. It plays a significant factor in poor patient outcomes and contributes to violence against emergency department personnel.
The National Patient Safety Foundation's Research Grants Program seeks to stimulate new, innovative projects directed toward enhancing patient safety in the United States. The Program's objective is to promote studies leading to the prevention of human errors, system errors, patient injuries and the consequences of such adverse events in the healthcare setting.
Cardinal Health Foundation Provides $1.2 Million in Grant Funding to Improve Patient Safety at the Point-of-Care
North Shore-LIJ Health System and Institute for Healthcare Improvement Announce Partnership to Reduce Sepsis Mortality
Cambridge, Massachusetts, July 11, 2011—The North Shore-LIJ Health System (North Shore-LIJ) and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) announced a new strategic partnership that will demonstrate key improvements in hospital quality and enable the two organizations to test new ways to prevent sepsis and manage its most harmful effects through earlier recognition.
3M Announces Solution to Provide Real-Time Infection Rate and Cost Data Associated With Healthcare-Acquired Infections
- The University of Kansas Hospital Goes Live with ZynxOrder and ZynxCare Integrated into EHR
- Memorial Hermann to Employ Cutting-Edge Radiology Image Management and Sharing Platform
- Cautious Patient Foundation Announces New Grants Program Aimed to Improve Patient Safety and Quality of Healthcare
- iPhones Adopted by The Nebraska Medical Center
- North Shore-LIJ Health System Selects SIS Anesthesia
- Linet Multicare® Hospital Bed Selected to Participate in National Program Highlighting Commitment to Healthcare Performance Improvement, Innovation
- NQF Releases Updated Serious Reportable Events
- Improving Patient Care with Portals, Clinical Analytics and More
- Surgical Information Systems Partners with Siemens to Deliver Advanced Perioperative Solutions to Enterprise Health Information System Customers
- AllMed Announces Web-Based External Peer Review Solution for Hospitals
- The National Academies Press Makes All PDF Books Free to Download
- Best Doctors Tackling High Misdiagnosis Rate in Cancer Cases
- GE Licenses PeriGen Solution to Enhance Decision Support
- Total Lift Bed™ Identified in Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Therapy
- MYCO Medical Adds Qlicksmart’s Breakthrough Scalpel Blade Removal Devices to Inventory