Management-By-Walking-Around, a widely adopted technique in hospitals in which senior managers visit the frontlines of their organizations to solicit improvement ideas and resolve issues, has the potential to do more harm than good, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and Harvard Business School (HBS).
ECRI Institute Patient Safety Organization (PSO), a leader in analyzing safety data associated with electronic health records, has launched the first multi-stakeholder partnership to generate new knowledge on safe health IT practices.
Harris Corporation’s FusionFX Patient Portal has been certified to enable health system customers to meet important Meaningful Use requirements and qualify for related government funding.
Best Doctors, Inc., a global health company that brings together the best minds in medicine to help people get the right diagnosis and treatment plan, has announced the successful deployment of its acclaimed Medting™ solution, a cutting-edge, cloud-based software that allows clinicians to easily and securely collaborate while enabling access to shared diagnostic image and video files.
A new partnership between TeleTracking Technologies; Hill-Rom Company; and GOJO, makers of Purell hand sanitizer, will allow hospitals to use TeleTracking’s Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) to track, measure, and report hand hygiene compliance.
Enabling patients and families to be respected partners in health care—from the exam room to the policy arena—is essential if the U.S. health care system is to continue to make progress in patient safety. That is the central message of a report released recently by the National Patient Safety Foundation’s Lucian Leape Institute.
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital recently brought together software designers and developers from around the city and country for InnovateNYP, New York's first hospital-focused hackathon. Seventeen teams worked around the clock to develop an innovation that would enhance and improve myNYP, the hospital's online patient portal, which allows patients to track their health records, coordinate doctors' appointments, and more.
First Databank (FDB), the leading provider of clinical drug knowledge that improves medication-related decisions and patient outcomes, has announced that FDB AlertSpace, a web-based solution for drug knowledge alert management in CPOE systems, will be made available to Siemens Soarian Clinicals customers and Siemens Pharmacy in-house computing option (ICO) users.
Surgical Notes Develops Mobile Transcription Application to Improve Completion of Physician Operative Notes
Surgical Notes, a nationwide provider of transcription, coding, document management, and other information technology services for the ambulatory surgery center and surgical hospital markets, has announced the launch of a mobile transcription application for use on the Apple iPad and iPhone.
athenahealth Announces First Cloud-Based Clinical Integration and Patient Access Service for Hospitals and Health Systems
athenahealth, Inc. a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination, has announced a new service for hospitals and health systems, athenaCoordinator(R) Enterprise.
As antibiotic use in hospitals becomes more frequent, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) urges hospitals and healthcare systems to step up efforts to protect patients by improving antibiotic-prescribing practices.
An international panel of leaders in the pathology community has announced its support of four principles designed to drive positive change and improve patient safety in the anatomic pathology laboratory.
Standard Register Healthcare, a leader in managing patient-centric information and communications, announced the introduction of SMARTworks EffectiveResponse, a new solution to engage patients after any type of encounter. The innovative software solution automatically follows-up with patients to assure they are progressing as appropriate and to assess patient satisfaction with their care.
HIMSS has released the results of the 2014 HIMSS Nursing Informatics Workforce Survey, which examines the roles, responsibilities, and outlook for nursing informatics professionals. The 2014 Survey captures current professional status and practice trends, while identifying changes that have occurred over the last nine years in the nursing informatics workforce.
Advocates Join APSF's Call for 'Paradigm Shift' in Hospitals’ Treatment of Patients Receiving Opioids
Leaders of the Physician-Patient Alliance for Health & Safety (PPAHS) and Leah's Legacy say they fully support the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation's (APSF) call for the nation's hospitals to continuously monitor all patients receiving opioids to manage their pain after surgery.
- National Patient Safety Foundation Urges Public to Navigate Your Health…Safely
- Results of Hospital Medication Safety Self Assessment Includes List of National Priorities
- John Q. Sherman Award for Excellence in Patient Engagement Open for Nominations
- Leading Pharmacies and Retailers Join National Effort to Provide Patients with Easy Access to Personal Health Information
- 2013 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award Recipients Announced
- AirStrip and Dignity Health Launch Population Health and Telehealth Initiatives in California
- PeriGen Announces Partnership with University of Utah Hospital for PeriCALM Evidence-based Fetal Strip Interpretation
- Solution Designed Specifically for Med/Surg Floors Addresses Unmet Patient Surveillance Needs in Hospitals
- HRET Selects Nancy Schlichting as 2014 TRUST Award Recipient
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Selects Connexient Digital Wayfinding Solution
- New Tool Shows Promise in Helping Surgical Teams Predict Home Discharge for Their Patients
- Philips Launches New Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services Business Group
- The Disparities Leadership Program Request for Applications
- Excel Medical Electronics Introduces AlarmNavigator™ to Address Alarm Fatigue
- Vocera® Acquires mVisum to Address Alarm Fatigue