As antibiotic use in hospitals becomes more frequent, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) urges hospitals and healthcare systems to step up efforts to protect patients by improving antibiotic-prescribing practices.
An international panel of leaders in the pathology community has announced its support of four principles designed to drive positive change and improve patient safety in the anatomic pathology laboratory.
Standard Register Healthcare, a leader in managing patient-centric information and communications, announced the introduction of SMARTworks EffectiveResponse, a new solution to engage patients after any type of encounter. The innovative software solution automatically follows-up with patients to assure they are progressing as appropriate and to assess patient satisfaction with their care.
HIMSS has released the results of the 2014 HIMSS Nursing Informatics Workforce Survey, which examines the roles, responsibilities, and outlook for nursing informatics professionals. The 2014 Survey captures current professional status and practice trends, while identifying changes that have occurred over the last nine years in the nursing informatics workforce.
Advocates Join APSF's Call for 'Paradigm Shift' in Hospitals’ Treatment of Patients Receiving Opioids
Leaders of the Physician-Patient Alliance for Health & Safety (PPAHS) and Leah's Legacy say they fully support the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation's (APSF) call for the nation's hospitals to continuously monitor all patients receiving opioids to manage their pain after surgery.
Diagnostic error is the focus as the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) leads Patient Safety Awareness Week, March 2-8
American hospitals continue to make strides in advancing their medication safety practices, but there are still opportunities to improve, according to recently released data from a survey developed by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP).
Standard Register Healthcare in partnership with the National Patient Safety Foundation’s Lucian Leape Institute has announced that nominations have opened for the first annual John Q. Sherman Award for Excellence in Patient Engagement.
Leading Pharmacies and Retailers Join National Effort to Provide Patients with Easy Access to Personal Health Information
Today, as part of the growing movement to help customers access and securely share their own health information, several of the Nation’s largest retail pharmacy chains and associations are pledging to support the Blue Button initiative—a public-private partnership between the health care industry and the Federal Government that aims to empower all Americans with access to their own electronic health information.
The National Quality Forum (NQF) and The Joint Commission have announced the 2013 recipients of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards. The four awards will be presented on February 13, 2014, during a luncheon at the 2014 NQF Annual Conference and Membership Meeting in Washington, D.C.
On the heels of a successful first project launched in the Phoenix, Arizona market, AirStrip® and Dignity Health announced that the next phase of their mobile interoperability plan will center on enabling population health and telehealth initiatives in Dignity Health’s Central Coast region of California.
PeriGen Announces Partnership with University of Utah Hospital for PeriCALM Evidence-based Fetal Strip Interpretation
In a decision aimed at enhancing patient safety and improving outcomes while fulfilling its mission as a teaching institution, University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City has entered into an agreement to purchase PeriGen's®PeriCALM® solution suite for labor and delivery (L&D).
Solution Designed Specifically for Med/Surg Floors Addresses Unmet Patient Surveillance Needs in Hospitals
Welch Allyn, a leading medical diagnostic device company that delivers pragmatic innovation at the point of care to improve patient safety, has introduced the industry’s most comprehensive clinical surveillance system designed specifically for the medical/surgical (med/surg) environment.
The Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) of the American Hospital Association (AHA) has selected Nancy Schlichting, chief executive officer of Henry Ford Health System in Detroit as the recipient of the 2014 TRUST Award. As this year’s award recipient, Schlichting was noted for her commitment to create tremendous clinical excellence, an extraordinary patient experience and a great environment for all health care professionals.
Mark Green, CEO of Connexient, has announced that Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, based in New Brunswick, New Jersey, has selected Connexient's MediNavTM, an innovative digital wayfinding and patient engagement solution.
- New Tool Shows Promise in Helping Surgical Teams Predict Home Discharge for Their Patients
- Philips Launches New Healthcare Informatics Solutions and Services Business Group
- The Disparities Leadership Program Request for Applications
- Excel Medical Electronics Introduces AlarmNavigator™ to Address Alarm Fatigue
- Vocera® Acquires mVisum to Address Alarm Fatigue
- U.S. News & World Reports to Increase Role of Patient Safety in Hospital Rankings
- Innovative System Ensures Reliable Care for Patients at Risk of Pressure Ulcers
- Qstream’s Mobile Platform Boosts On-the-Job Performance of Healthcare Workers
- Press Ganey Acquires Technology Firm to Enable Real-Time, Point-of-Care Patient Feedback
- System Monitors Patient Movement, Improves Reliability of Routine Patient Care Tasks, and Reduces Incidence of Pressure Ulcers
- Grant Funding Available from AHRQ for Patient Safety Learning Laboratories
- FDA Issues Proposed Rule to Determine Safety and Effectiveness of Antibacterial Soaps
- Welltok Taps IBM Watson to Create Novel Health Optimization Service for Consumers
- 90% of States Get Failing Grade for Making Consumer Information on Physician Quality Available
- CommonWell Health Alliance to Launch Initial Interoperability Service Offerings