IMCO-STAT ED Discrepancy is designed to streamline the workflow process of ED physicians sending critical patient diagnosis to the radiologist. The system notifies the radiologist of the ED information and allows the radiologist to agree or disagree with the ED diagnosis based on the exam. If there is a discrepancy, the system automatically alerts the ED physician for immediate attention, and creates an audit trail of all communications.
Independa and LG Team to Provide Industry-First Suite of TV-Based Eldercare Services to Senior Living Market
Nearly 1 in 8 Americans are age 65 or older, with higher percentages in countries such as Japan, South Korea and the United Kingdom. To serve the rapidly-growing aging population, Independa announced a strategic relationship with Zenith, the U.S. R&D subsidiary of LG Electronics, to deploy technology that will provide residents of eldercare facilities an industry-first suite of video calling, messaging, reminders and other services that enables them to keep in touch with professional and family caregivers.
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) announced that it is collaborating with Health Dialog, a leading provider of health care analytics and decision support, on a new pilot program that will offer health coaching to people with chronic illnesses to help them stay well and out of the hospital.
The number of reportable adverse events in Minnesota hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and community behavioral health hospitals increased from 305 in 2010 to 316 in 2011, according to a report released by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). Despite the increase, the number of events resulting in serious injury or death to a patient decreased from 107 in 2010 to 89 in 2011.
The AHA-NPSF Comprehensive Patient Safety Leadership Fellowship is a year-long program for clinical and administrative leaders dedicated to improving quality and patient safety.
Bethesda, Maryland—The Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI) selected two individuals to participate in an exclusive two-year program designed to develop professionals capable of assuming national leadership positions in informatics-related organizations.
Jensen Beach, Florida—With hundreds of installations in MRI suites on five continents, Kopp Development Inc., the leading manufacturer of ferromagnetic detectors for MRI Safety, is proud to introduce the newest innovation, FerrAlert™ SOLO.
- Language Line Services Introduces Web-Based Language Access Portal Using Mobile Devices
- Real-Time Location System Early Adopters Report Operational Efficiency Gain
- Johns Hopkins Collaborates with Lockheed Martin to Build Next-Generation ICU
- Three Receive 'Safe Transitions' Innovation Challenge Awards
- Joint Commission Issues Alert on Healthcare Worker Fatigue
- Training Solutions for Healthcare Organizations Applying to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Care Innovation Challenge
- Cautious Patient Foundation Launches Program to Help Patients Remember Medical Instructions and Improve Outcomes
- Cardinal Health Launches Innovative Barcode Administration to Help Hospitals Bridge Medication Safety Gaps
- EScreenz™ Improves Communication and Enhances Patient Safety
- Clinical Decision Support Tools’ Impact on Healthcare Still Expanding
- PharMEDium Adds O.R. Medication Verification System
- Northwest Michigan Surgery Center Selects RTLS from Versus
- GE, Microsoft to Launch Joint Venture Aimed at Global Healthcare System Transformation
- Don Berwick Receives 2011 Picker Award for Excellence
- ISMP Announces 14th Annual Cheers Awards Recipients