The AHA-NPSF Comprehensive Patient Safety Leadership Fellowship is a year-long program for clinical and administrative leaders dedicated to improving quality and patient safety.
Bethesda, Maryland—The Alliance for Nursing Informatics (ANI) selected two individuals to participate in an exclusive two-year program designed to develop professionals capable of assuming national leadership positions in informatics-related organizations.
Jensen Beach, Florida—With hundreds of installations in MRI suites on five continents, Kopp Development Inc., the leading manufacturer of ferromagnetic detectors for MRI Safety, is proud to introduce the newest innovation, FerrAlert™ SOLO.
The Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality of Johns Hopkins Medicine is collaborating with the Lockheed Martin Corporation to create a safer and more efficient hospital intensive care unit (ICU) model. The two organizations will work to streamline complex and fragmented clinical systems and processes to reduce medical errors and improve the quality of care for critically ill patients.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC), in conjunction with the Partnership for Patients – an initiative of the Department of Health & Human Services – and with the support of Health 2.0, have announced the winners of the “Ensuring Safe Transitions from Hospital to Home” innovation challenge. Three teams were named winners: Axial Exchange,iBlueButton, and VoIDSPAN.
The Joint Commission (TJC) has released Sentinel Event Alert 48, "Health Care Worker Fatigue and Patient Safety." Acknowledging that "many factors contribute to fatigue, including but not limited to insufficient staffing and excessive workloads," TJC states that "the purpose of this Sentinel Event Alert is to address the effects and risks of an extended work day and of cumulative days of extended work hours."
Training Solutions for Healthcare Organizations Applying to the Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Care Innovation Challenge
Denver—Medical Simulation Corporation (MSC) offers guideline-based simulation training solutions for health care organizations seeking funding through the Health Care Innovation Challenge.
Cautious Patient Foundation Launches Program to Help Patients Remember Medical Instructions and Improve Outcomes
Houston—The Cautious Patient Foundation announced a new national program designed to help patients remember their doctors’ medical instructions. Known as “Your Doctor’s Advice” (YDA), the program provides an easy-to-use, high-tech solution to a major contributing factor in patient noncompliance and poor medical outcomes.
Cardinal Health Launches Innovative Barcode Administration to Help Hospitals Bridge Medication Safety Gaps
New Orleans— At the 46th Annual Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition for the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), Cardinal Health launched BarCode360, a solution that supports hospitals’ medication safety initiatives by making it easier, more timely and cost efficient to order medications and ensure more unit-dose medications can be scanned at the patient bedside.
- EScreenz™ Improves Communication and Enhances Patient Safety
- Clinical Decision Support Tools’ Impact on Healthcare Still Expanding
- PharMEDium Adds O.R. Medication Verification System
- Northwest Michigan Surgery Center Selects RTLS from Versus
- GE, Microsoft to Launch Joint Venture Aimed at Global Healthcare System Transformation
- Don Berwick Receives 2011 Picker Award for Excellence
- ISMP Announces 14th Annual Cheers Awards Recipients
- IHI Announces Pilot Program with CDC to Improve Antibiotic Use in Hospital
- The Leapfrog Group Announces Annual Top Hospitals List for Highest Quality Care in America
- The Doctors Company Foundation Young Physicians Patient Safety Award
- Three Healthcare Organizations Receive 2011 Baldrige Award
- CMS Taps Acumentra Health for Project to Boost Adult Immunization Reporting
- Baxter Completes Acquisition of Baxa Corporation
- Voalté’s Communication System Captures Cedars-Sinai Approval
- athenahealth Announces Strategic Collaboration with Medley Health