Leaders from 34 children’s hospitals from across the country gathered at Cardinal Health in Columbus, Ohio, on March 15 to launch a national effort to improve quality of care and patient safety in pediatric hospitals.
A new investigation by Consumer Reports reveals that while tens of millions of American consumers live with medical devices implanted in their bodies, many of these implants have never been tested for safety and manufacturers are often required to do nothing more than file paperwork and pay a user fee before bringing their products to market.
Washington, D.C.—The National Quality Forum (NQF) and The Joint Commission announced the 2011 recipients of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards. The awards will be presented on April 5, 2012 during a luncheon at the 2012 NQF Annual Conference and Membership Meeting in Washington, D.C.
Sandy, Utah—About one in two nurses experience blood exposure, other than from a needlestick, on their skin or in their eyes, nose or mouth at least once a month when inserting a peripheral intravenous (IV) catheter, according to a new study by the International Healthcare Worker Safety Center at the University of Virginia. Exposure to blood carries the risk of infection from pathogens such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), hepatitis C (HCV) and MRSA.
Wolters Kluwer Health Expands Lippincott’s Professional Development Programs’ Offering for Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
JCI, SHEA Release “Best Practices in Infection Prevention and Control: An International Perspective, Second Edition”
Oak Brook, Illinois—Teaming up to provide an essential infection prevention and control (IPC) resource for health care organizations around the globe, Joint Commission International (JCI) and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) announce the publication of Best Practices in Infection Prevention and Control: An International Perspective, Second Edition. JCI is a not-for-profit affiliate of The Joint Commission.
- HIMSS and MGMA-ACMPE Collaborate on Health Information Exchange Toolkit
- Bioquell Bug Stoppers Raise Awareness in Fight Against HAIs
- True Process Acquires VeriScan from Hospira
- Language Line Services Collaborates with Society for Healthcare Consumer Advocacy on Annual Conference
- The Joint Commission Awards First Advanced Certifications for Palliative Care
- Texas Children's Hospital to Provide Simulation Training to Houston Fire Department
- GE Healthcare Initiates Evaluation Period for New Global Patient Safety Network
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Announces New Program to Help Primary Care Practices
- NQF President and CEO Janet Corrigan Announces Plans to Step Down
- New SAFE CARE Program to Provide Patient Education at Bedside
- Next Generation Electronic Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Education Program Introduced
- iMAGOX™ Is World's First Non Magnetic MRI SpO2 Monitor with Fully Functional Wireless Remote Control
- Surgical Information Systems Receives HFMA Peer Reviewed Designation
- First Databank Addresses Medication Alert Fatigue in HIT Systems
- Awarepoint Launches New Version of aware360°Suite of Real-time Location System Solutions