The latest healthcare technologies and care process innovations are pounding on hospital doors and looking through windows—and they want in. Will they actually improve patient care or inflate hospital budgets for infrastructure, capital equipment, and physician preference items?
Experts in magnetic resonance safety have formed a new organization, the American Board of Magnetic Resonance Safety (ABMRS), to provide testing and certification for professionals working with magnetic resonance.
Named for a Boston Globe reporter who died after a chemotherapy dosing error 20 years ago, Massachusetts’s Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction has once again opened its doors with a revitalized mission to reduce medical errors and increase patient safety.
Matt Whitman, a retired Michigan state trooper, strode to the lectern at the front of the room in downtown Chicago and made a startling announcement: “On April 17, 2003, I died.”
Seven health plans in Colorado are collaborating on a multi-payer data-sharing online tool that aims to enhance and improve the delivery of care for Colorado residents.
Is empathy a core component of "evidence-based medicine”? One prominent researcher and author in the area of empathy in patient care argues that the answer is unequivocally "yes" and says that it can and should be evaluated, taught, and sustained, as studies show a high correlation between patient satisfaction and outcomes with empathy scores.
The Midwest Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS) and ECRI Institute, two patient safety organization (PSO) leaders, are combining their synergies to help guide the transformation of patient care in Illinois and beyond.
DebMed has announced a three-year agreement with Cooley Dickinson Hospital for the use of its Group Monitoring System (GMS), the only electronic hand hygiene monitoring system that complies with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Five Moments for Hand Hygiene and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
What could possibly go wrong in hospitals? Many things, according to ECRI Institute, an independent nonprofit that researches the best approaches to improving patient care.
Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS®) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools, aimed at optimizing patient outcomes by improving communication and teamwork skills among healthcare professionals.
A study published in the November issue of the American Journal of Infection Control recently confirmed the effectiveness of new technology in reducing the number of hospital surface bacteria by more than 99 percent at least eight weeks after initial application.
Nebraska Methodist Hospital has chosen X-STATIC® Antimicrobial Technology to elevate its standard of care for fabrics in the healthcare environment.
For the second consecutive year, The Joint Commission has presented BrightStar Care® with the Enterprise Champion for Quality award. The award recognizes BrightStar Care for its efforts to promote the delivery of high-quality home healthcare to its franchisees through Joint Commission accreditation.
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Reduces Alarm Fatigue, Increases Caregiver Compliance
- Purell ES Everywhere Offers Versatile Hand Sanitizing Option
- New Blood Bank ID Solutions Improve Patient Safety and Efficiency
- Joint Commission Educates Hospital Leaders on Integrated Patient-centered Systems
- NPSF Patient Safety Congress Call for Abstracts Due Oct. 17
- BD’s Acquistion of CareFusion Offers Integrated Medication Management, Patient Safety Solutions
- New Healthcare Technology Options Offered by Mayo Clinic in Minnesota
- EMR Interoperability Delayed by Lack of Inter-Vendor Cooperation
- Northwest Patient Safety Conference Calls for Speakers
- Third Annual Healthcare Awards Honor Outstanding Environmental Services Technicians
- IMPACT Legislation Improves PAC Quality
- Hospital's ASTEC Center Improves Patient Safety, Ensures Critical OR Skills Using Qstream Platform
- AACR Issues Policy Statement Underscoring Importance of Safe, Accurate, Effective Diagnostic Tests
- PeriGen Announces Partnership with University of Utah Hospital for PeriCALM Evidence-based Fetal Strip Interpretation
- PDI Prevantics Skin Antiseptics Proven to Help Facilities Reduce CLABSI Rates, Costs