Patient safety is a top priority for every healthcare organization, but knowing where to direct initiatives can be daunting. To help organizations decide where to focus their efforts, ECRI Institute has compiled its first annual list of the Top 10 Patient Safety Concerns for Healthcare Organizations.
Nuance PowerShareTM Network, the industry’s largest cloud-based network for securely connecting physicians, patients, government agencies, specialty medical societies, and others to share essential medical images and reports is now available from Nuance Communications, Inc.
Failure to perform proper hand hygiene is one of the leading preventable causes of healthcare-associated infections. iScrub is an iPhone/iPod Touch application from The Computational Epidemiology Group at the University of Iowa.
The Awarepoint Humidity Tag monitors ambient room moisture in critical areas, eliminating manual logging, immediately notifying personnel of irregularities, and increasing compliance with issue resolution documentation.
The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) has announced Jason Lempp, MPH, CIC, as the winner of the third annual EPI Project Competition. Lempp was honored with the early investigator award for his project looking to determine if the Washington State Validation Protocol for central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs) can be a scalable, sustainable model for tracking and ensuring quality national data on healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
When it comes to the cost and quality of hospital care, nurse tenure and teamwork matters. Patients get the best care when they are treated in units that are staffed by nurses who have extensive experience in their current job, according to a study from researchers at Columbia University School of Nursing and Columbia Business School.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) has chosen Premier, Inc., a leading health care improvement company, to develop a first-of-its-kind learning collaborative for the ASA’s Perioperative Surgical Home (PSH) model of care.
Nuance Communications, Inc. has announced that Borgess Health, which provides care to nearly one million people across southwest Michigan, has secured $9 million in additional appropriate revenue within one year of implementing the Nuance Compliant Documentation Management Program (CDMP®), part of the Nuance Clintegrity 360 | CDI solution.
Sonitor Technologies, Inc., a technology leader in Real Time Locating Systems (RTLS) in healthcare, has completed of the installation of its innovative RTLS hardware technology at Sanford Health’s new Moorhead clinic, scheduled to open at the end of April.
To further cement its commitment to improve quality and patient safety in America’s hospitals, the American Hospital Association is launching a new forum – the Symposium for Leaders in Healthcare Quality (SLHQ). SLHQ provides healthcare improvement professionals a setting to collaborate and share best practices to improve quality and patient safety.
Management-By-Walking-Around, a widely adopted technique in hospitals in which senior managers visit the frontlines of their organizations to solicit improvement ideas and resolve issues, has the potential to do more harm than good, according to a new study by researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and Harvard Business School (HBS).
ECRI Institute Patient Safety Organization (PSO), a leader in analyzing safety data associated with electronic health records, has launched the first multi-stakeholder partnership to generate new knowledge on safe health IT practices.
Harris Corporation’s FusionFX Patient Portal has been certified to enable health system customers to meet important Meaningful Use requirements and qualify for related government funding.
Best Doctors, Inc., a global health company that brings together the best minds in medicine to help people get the right diagnosis and treatment plan, has announced the successful deployment of its acclaimed Medting™ solution, a cutting-edge, cloud-based software that allows clinicians to easily and securely collaborate while enabling access to shared diagnostic image and video files.
A new partnership between TeleTracking Technologies; Hill-Rom Company; and GOJO, makers of Purell hand sanitizer, will allow hospitals to use TeleTracking’s Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) to track, measure, and report hand hygiene compliance.
- Call to Action on Patient and Family Engagement in Healthcare from NPSF’s Lucian Leape Institute
- Online Competition Aims to Improve Patient Engagement and Education, Reduce Isolation
- First Databank Releases FDB AlertSpace Alert Management Solution
- Surgical Notes Develops Mobile Transcription Application to Improve Completion of Physician Operative Notes
- athenahealth Announces First Cloud-Based Clinical Integration and Patient Access Service for Hospitals and Health Systems
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use in Hospitals Putting Patients At Risk
- International Panel of Pathology Leaders Develop Principles for Patient Safety
- Patient Engagement Software Aimed at Improving Care Transitions and Patient Satisfaction
- HIMSS Nursing Workforce Survey Results Show Growth in Informatics Specialty
- Advocates Join APSF's Call for 'Paradigm Shift' in Hospitals’ Treatment of Patients Receiving Opioids
- National Patient Safety Foundation Urges Public to Navigate Your Health…Safely
- Results of Hospital Medication Safety Self Assessment Includes List of National Priorities
- John Q. Sherman Award for Excellence in Patient Engagement Open for Nominations
- Leading Pharmacies and Retailers Join National Effort to Provide Patients with Easy Access to Personal Health Information
- 2013 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award Recipients Announced