What could possibly go wrong in hospitals? Many things, according to ECRI Institute, an independent nonprofit that researches the best approaches to improving patient care.
Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS®) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools, aimed at optimizing patient outcomes by improving communication and teamwork skills among healthcare professionals.
A study published in the November issue of the American Journal of Infection Control recently confirmed the effectiveness of new technology in reducing the number of hospital surface bacteria by more than 99 percent at least eight weeks after initial application.
Nebraska Methodist Hospital has chosen X-STATIC® Antimicrobial Technology to elevate its standard of care for fabrics in the healthcare environment.
For the second consecutive year, The Joint Commission has presented BrightStar Care® with the Enterprise Champion for Quality award. The award recognizes BrightStar Care for its efforts to promote the delivery of high-quality home healthcare to its franchisees through Joint Commission accreditation.
The sound of monitor alarms in hospitals can save patients’ lives, but the frequency with which the monitors go off can also lead to “alarm fatigue,” in which caregivers become desensitized to the ubiquitous beeping.
GOJO, the inventor of Purell® Advanced Hand Sanitizer and the leading global producer and marketer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings, has introduced its latest innovation, the Purell ES™ Everywhere System.
The Joint Commission announces publication of the new “Patient Safety Systems” chapter in the 2015 Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals. The purpose of the chapter is to inform and educate hospital leaders about the importance and structure of an integrated patient-centered system that aims to improve quality of care and patient safety.
BD and CareFusion have announced a definitive agreement under which BD will acquire CareFusion for $58.00 per share in cash and stock, or a total of $12.2 billion, to create a global leader in medication management and patient safety solutions.
Mayo Clinic is committed to reducing healthcare expenses and improving access to medical services through a new telemedicine pilot project called Mayo Clinic Health Connection.
- Northwest Patient Safety Conference Calls for Speakers
- Third Annual Healthcare Awards Honor Outstanding Environmental Services Technicians
- IMPACT Legislation Improves PAC Quality
- Hospital's ASTEC Center Improves Patient Safety, Ensures Critical OR Skills Using Qstream Platform
- AACR Issues Policy Statement Underscoring Importance of Safe, Accurate, Effective Diagnostic Tests
- PeriGen Announces Partnership with University of Utah Hospital for PeriCALM Evidence-based Fetal Strip Interpretation
- PDI Prevantics Skin Antiseptics Proven to Help Facilities Reduce CLABSI Rates, Costs
- Way-Paver Awards for Bedside Barcoding Presented at unSUMMIT
- AirStrip and Dignity Health Launch Population Health and Telehealth Initiatives in California
- Xerox Introduces Comprehensive Healthcare Management and Analytics Platform
- Joint Commission Alerts Organizations to Tubing Misconnection Risks
- CareFusion Launches App to Help Clinicians Improve Patient Care for Mechanically Ventilated Patients
- ECRI Institute's Alarm Safety Handbook Helps Hospitals Minimize a Top Threat to Patient Safety
- Survey: Work-related Injuries and Their Potential Impact on Quality Patient Care to be of Great Concern to Nursing Workforce
- Cerner, Siemens Create Strategic Alliance to Improve Clinical Outcomes and More