BD and CareFusion have announced a definitive agreement under which BD will acquire CareFusion for $58.00 per share in cash and stock, or a total of $12.2 billion, to create a global leader in medication management and patient safety solutions.
Mayo Clinic is committed to reducing healthcare expenses and improving access to medical services through a new telemedicine pilot project called Mayo Clinic Health Connection.
The Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE), a personal membership group of the American Hospital Association (AHA), and Kimberly-Clark Professional have announced the recipients of the third annual Heart of Healthcare Awards, honoring outstanding environmental services technicians who make a difference for patients and long-term care residents.
Inova Fairfax Medical Center (IFMC) in Virginia and its newly opened Advanced Surgical Technology and Education Center (ASTEC) are using Qstream's mobile, game-based platform to drive improved patient safety and clinical knowledge among an interdisciplinary operating room (OR) team.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) recently issued a policy statement that underscores the importance of safe, accurate, and effective diagnostic tests by recommending that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) begin to actively exert its authority to regulate high-risk laboratory developed tests (LDTs) that are being utilized by physicians to make treatment decisions, including the tailoring of an individual’s cancer treatment regimen.
PeriGen Announces Partnership with University of Utah Hospital for PeriCALM Evidence-based Fetal Strip Interpretation
In a decision aimed at enhancing patient safety and improving outcomes while fulfilling its mission as a teaching institution, University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City has entered into an agreement to purchase PeriGen's®PeriCALM® solution suite for labor and delivery (L&D).
PDI, maker of infection prevention products and solutions, continues to reinforce the importance of a complete infection prevention program for skin antisepsis.
Since its inception in 2006, The Way-Paver Award for Bedside Barcoding has acknowledged the exceptional contributions of individuals and organizations who have helped clear the path and pave the way to safer patient care by applying bar-code technology in healthcare.
On the heels of a successful first project launched in the Phoenix, Arizona market, AirStrip® and Dignity Health announced that the next phase of their mobile interoperability plan will center on enabling population health and telehealth initiatives in Dignity Health’s Central Coast region of California.
An advanced healthcare analytics and workflow software package, the Juvo Care Performance Platform is being launched by Midas+, A Xerox Company, to collect and analyze today’s massive amount of patient-care data and deliver detailed recommendations for better healthcare.
The Joint Commission has issued a new Sentinel Event Alert that addresses the risks of accidental medical tubing misconnections that can cause severe patient injury or death.
- CareFusion Launches App to Help Clinicians Improve Patient Care for Mechanically Ventilated Patients
- ECRI Institute's Alarm Safety Handbook Helps Hospitals Minimize a Top Threat to Patient Safety
- Survey: Work-related Injuries and Their Potential Impact on Quality Patient Care to be of Great Concern to Nursing Workforce
- Cerner, Siemens Create Strategic Alliance to Improve Clinical Outcomes and More
- CHRISTUS Health Upgrades Patient Monitoring to Pulse Oximetry Technology
- Report: Changes to Graduate Medical Education Needed for Future of Physician Workforce
- New Toolkits Ease the Transition from Pediatric to Adult Healthcare
- Welch Allyn Expands Connex Vital Signs Monitor to Improve Bedside Patient Safety
- Reduce Readmissions to Lower Healthcare Costs: ASQ Survey
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Expands Use of LiveData Technology to Improve Patient Safety
- Infirmary Health Achieves Rapid Physician Adoption of its EHR Using Nuance Cloud-Based Speech Recognition
- AAMI, ECRI Institute Report Guides Senior Executives on Meeting Key Healthcare Technology Safety Challenges
- Baptist Health Becomes World’s First Health System to Adopt Uniforms with Fluid-Repelling, Antimicrobial Textile Technology
- The Joint Commission Alerts Healthcare Industry to Prevalence of Unsafe Injection Practices
- Boston Hospitals Report Improved Patient Outcomes, Financial Savings from Nurse-led Initiatives