The National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) and the DAISY Foundation have announced the recipients of the National Patient Safety Foundation’s DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses.
Strengthening communication between caregivers and patients should be a top priority for reducing healthcare costs and improving patient experience, according to a new poll of U.S. healthcare quality improvement professionals conducted by ASQ.
Vocera Communications, Inc., a provider of real-time, intelligent communication solutions for mission-critical healthcare environments, has announced the Vocera app for Apple Watch.
The National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF), a central voice for patient safety since 1997, has announced the recipients of the 2015 Stand Up For Patient Safety Management Awards.
Leading infectious diseases experts have released new guidance for healthcare facilities looking to establish precautions for visitors of patients with infectious diseases.
Patient safety is a top priority for every healthcare organization, but knowing where to direct initiatives can be daunting. To help organizations decide where to focus their efforts, ECRI Institute has compiled its second annual list of the Top 10 Patient Safety Concerns for Healthcare Organizations.
The American Nurses Association (ANA) has convened a panel of experts to make recommendations on preventing and reducing workplace violence, bullying, and incivility, behaviors identified by research as particular problems in healthcare settings.
Despite antibiotics’ powerful ability to save millions of lives each year, drug resistant bacteria are a growing problem, making the treatment and prevention of diseases more difficult.
PDI, a leader in infection prevention products and solutions, has launched Delivering the Difference, a contest recognizing industry professionals who display excellence in building collaborative relationships between infection prevention and environmental services teams in healthcare facilities.
The Gustav O. Lienhard Award, established in 1986, is presented annually by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in honor of Gustav O. Lienhard, chairman of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Board of Trustees form 1971 to 1986.
STANLEY Healthcare, the KLAS Category Leader for Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS), will showcase MobileView Analytics, the visual business intelligence platform for its AeroScout Real-Time Location System (RTLS) solutions, at HIMSS 2015.
- FDB and Polyglot Systems Partner to Help Improve Medication Adherence
- Yale-New Haven Hospital Offers Stratus Video Remote Interpreting Services
- 2014 John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award Recipients Announced
- American Hospital Association Endorses Vestagen’s Vestex Protective Garments
- ECRI Institute Advises Culturing of Duodenoscopes to Help Reduce Risk of Deadly Infections
- Nominations Open for 2015 Schwartz Center National Compassionate Caregiver of the Year Award
- Palm Medical Group Chooses HealthFusion to Provide EHR Technology to Physicians
- Holy Cross Hospital Ensures Clear Patient Communication with Martti Technology
- ECRI Institute Takes Steps in Improving Health IT Safety
- NPSF Names Don Berwick and Kaveh Shojania as Co-Chairs of Expert Panel on Patient Safety
- National Patient Safety Foundation To Provide Oversight of Research Study on Pneumonia in Hospitalized Patients
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Awards IHI $4.8 Million to Improve Health
- New Patient Safety Center at VA Pittsburgh Evaluates Medical Products for National Use
- Vocera Addresses Population Health with Enhanced Care Coordination Solution
- Clinical Engineering and IT Excellence Recognized by ACCE-HIMSS