Leading infectious diseases experts have released new guidance for healthcare facilities looking to establish precautions for visitors of patients with infectious diseases.
Patient safety is a top priority for every healthcare organization, but knowing where to direct initiatives can be daunting. To help organizations decide where to focus their efforts, ECRI Institute has compiled its second annual list of the Top 10 Patient Safety Concerns for Healthcare Organizations.
The American Nurses Association (ANA) has convened a panel of experts to make recommendations on preventing and reducing workplace violence, bullying, and incivility, behaviors identified by research as particular problems in healthcare settings.
Despite antibiotics’ powerful ability to save millions of lives each year, drug resistant bacteria are a growing problem, making the treatment and prevention of diseases more difficult.
PDI, a leader in infection prevention products and solutions, has launched Delivering the Difference, a contest recognizing industry professionals who display excellence in building collaborative relationships between infection prevention and environmental services teams in healthcare facilities.
The Gustav O. Lienhard Award, established in 1986, is presented annually by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in honor of Gustav O. Lienhard, chairman of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Board of Trustees form 1971 to 1986.
STANLEY Healthcare, the KLAS Category Leader for Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS), will showcase MobileView Analytics, the visual business intelligence platform for its AeroScout Real-Time Location System (RTLS) solutions, at HIMSS 2015.
First Databank (FDB), a provider of clinical drug knowledge that helps improve medication-related decisions and patient outcomes,has entered into an agreement with Polyglot Systems to be the primary distributor of Polyglot’s proprietary Meducation® simplified patient medication instructions to the hospital, ambulatory, and pharmacy markets in the United States and Canada.
Between 1990 and 2010, the number of limited English proficiency (LEP) individuals in the United States has grown by 80%, exceeding 280,000 individuals nationally.
The Joint Commission and the National Quality Forum (NQF) have announced the 2014 recipients of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards.
The American Hospital Association (AHA) has awarded its exclusive endorsement to Vestex® Active Barrier protective healthcare apparel. The endorsement is based on an extensive due diligence process that assessed Vestex’s ability to protect healthcare workers and reduce the bacteria on clothing that contribute to the risk of healthcare-acquired infections (HAI’s) in patients and hospital staff.
- ECRI Institute Advises Culturing of Duodenoscopes to Help Reduce Risk of Deadly Infections
- Nominations Open for 2015 Schwartz Center National Compassionate Caregiver of the Year Award
- Palm Medical Group Chooses HealthFusion to Provide EHR Technology to Physicians
- Holy Cross Hospital Ensures Clear Patient Communication with Martti Technology
- ECRI Institute Takes Steps in Improving Health IT Safety
- NPSF Names Don Berwick and Kaveh Shojania as Co-Chairs of Expert Panel on Patient Safety
- National Patient Safety Foundation To Provide Oversight of Research Study on Pneumonia in Hospitalized Patients
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Awards IHI $4.8 Million to Improve Health
- New Patient Safety Center at VA Pittsburgh Evaluates Medical Products for National Use
- Vocera Addresses Population Health with Enhanced Care Coordination Solution
- Clinical Engineering and IT Excellence Recognized by ACCE-HIMSS
- HHS Proposes Path to Improve Health Technology and Transform Care
- Aquisition Brings Cultural Transformation Expertise for Healthcare Provider Clients
- Call to Action on Transparency in Healthcare to Improve Patient Safety
- Companies Plan to Create Model for System-wide Outcomes Improvement