Vocera Communications, Inc., a provider of intelligent, real-time communication and collaboration solutions for mission-critical mobile environments, will provide a cloud-based secure text messaging solution as a benefit to all of its U.S. healthcare customers, at no additional cost, for use by any of their affiliated healthcare providers.
Erin M. Sparnon has been named the recipient of the 2014 ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award, a joint award sponsored by the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) and HIMSS. The boards of directors of both organizations selected the recipient.
The Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) has released Connecting Health and Care for the Nation: A Shared Nationwide Interoperability Roadmap Version 1.0. The draft Roadmap is a proposal to deliver better care and result in healthier people through the safe and secure exchange and use of electronic health information.
Huron Consulting Group Inc., a provider of business consulting services, has entered into an agreement to acquire Studer Group, a professional services firm that assists healthcare providers achieve cultural transformation to deliver and sustain exceptional improvement in clinical outcomes and financial results.
Open communication and a free flow of information represent the “magic pill” needed to improve many of the issues in healthcare related to safety, according to a new report released today by the National Patient Safety Foundation’s Lucian Leape Institute.
Allina Health and Health Catalyst have signed a definitive agreement valued at over $100 million to combine technologies, clinical content, and front-line personnel in an unprecedented effort to improve the quality and lower the cost of care for Allina’s patients and to serve as a model for outcomes improvement nationwide.
Understanding a problem is prerequisite to fixing it. For a newly released report, CRICO Strategies analyzed more than 4,700 malpractice cases related to diagnosis to determine patterns of error, where problems are most likely to occur, and how to most effectively improve diagnosis.
Tru-D SmartUVC LLC has been awarded a group purchasing agreement with the Premier, Inc., for room equipment infection prevention products.
EngagingPatients.org, an online community dedicated to sharing best practices in patient and family engagement, has opened nominations for the 2015 John Q. Sherman Award for Excellence in Patient Engagement.
The latest healthcare technologies and care process innovations are pounding on hospital doors and looking through windows—and they want in. Will they actually improve patient care or inflate hospital budgets for infrastructure, capital equipment, and physician preference items?
Experts in magnetic resonance safety have formed a new organization, the American Board of Magnetic Resonance Safety (ABMRS), to provide testing and certification for professionals working with magnetic resonance.
Named for a Boston Globe reporter who died after a chemotherapy dosing error 20 years ago, Massachusetts’s Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction has once again opened its doors with a revitalized mission to reduce medical errors and increase patient safety.
Matt Whitman, a retired Michigan state trooper, strode to the lectern at the front of the room in downtown Chicago and made a startling announcement: “On April 17, 2003, I died.”
Seven health plans in Colorado are collaborating on a multi-payer data-sharing online tool that aims to enhance and improve the delivery of care for Colorado residents.
- Studies Show Physician Empathy Increases Patient Satisfaction and Outcomes
- PSO Leaders Partner to Improve Patient Care
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Renews Contract for DebMed Hand Hygiene Monitoring System
- Annual List of Top 10 Health Technology Hazards Released
- TeamSTEPPS Web-based Training Opportunities Available
- New ‘Self-Cleaning’ Surface Technology Reduces Pathogens in Hospital Environment
- Nebraska Methodist Hospital Uses Bacteria-Resistant Curtains to Protect Fabrics Around Patients
- Halyard Health Solutions Focus on Infection Prevention
- The Joint Commission Presents 2014 Enterprise Champion for Quality Award
- ISMP Announces Annual Awards Recipients
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Reduces Alarm Fatigue, Increases Caregiver Compliance
- Purell ES Everywhere Offers Versatile Hand Sanitizing Option
- New Blood Bank ID Solutions Improve Patient Safety and Efficiency
- Joint Commission Educates Hospital Leaders on Integrated Patient-centered Systems
- NPSF Patient Safety Congress Call for Abstracts Due Oct. 17