The Gustav O. Lienhard Award, established in 1986, is presented annually by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in honor of Gustav O. Lienhard, chairman of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Board of Trustees form 1971 to 1986.
STANLEY Healthcare, the KLAS Category Leader for Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS), will showcase MobileView Analytics, the visual business intelligence platform for its AeroScout Real-Time Location System (RTLS) solutions, at HIMSS 2015.
First Databank (FDB), a provider of clinical drug knowledge that helps improve medication-related decisions and patient outcomes,has entered into an agreement with Polyglot Systems to be the primary distributor of Polyglot’s proprietary Meducation® simplified patient medication instructions to the hospital, ambulatory, and pharmacy markets in the United States and Canada.
Between 1990 and 2010, the number of limited English proficiency (LEP) individuals in the United States has grown by 80%, exceeding 280,000 individuals nationally.
The Joint Commission and the National Quality Forum (NQF) have announced the 2014 recipients of the annual John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Awards.
The American Hospital Association (AHA) has awarded its exclusive endorsement to Vestex® Active Barrier protective healthcare apparel. The endorsement is based on an extensive due diligence process that assessed Vestex’s ability to protect healthcare workers and reduce the bacteria on clothing that contribute to the risk of healthcare-acquired infections (HAI’s) in patients and hospital staff.
News of patient deaths caused by outbreaks of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) infections is fueling media attention and putting the healthcare community on high alert regarding appropriate disinfection practices for duodenoscopes.
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare, the only national nonprofit dedicated to strengthening the human connection at the heart of healthcare, is accepting nominations for its prestigious Schwartz Center National Compassionate Caregiver of the Year (NCCY) Award.
The Palm Medical Group, a division of Hygea Healthcare, has selected HealthFusion, Inc., provider of top-ranked MediTouch® EHR software, as the Vendor of Choice for electronic health records (EHRs).
When patients communicate with healthcare providers, medical jargon sometimes makes it seem they are speaking a different language. Imagine what it would be like if they were, in fact, speaking a different language.
The Partnership for Health IT Patient Safety, an innovative and collaborative multi-stakeholder effort, took important steps in improving health IT safety at its first in-person meeting held in September at ECRI Institute's U.S. headquarters outside Philadelphia.
The healthcare field has made significant effort to accelerate patient safety since publication of To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System, the Institute of Medicine’s groundbreaking 1999 report on medical errors.
National Patient Safety Foundation To Provide Oversight of Research Study on Pneumonia in Hospitalized Patients
The National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF), a central voice for patient safety since 1997, will provide oversight for a research study that is seeking a better understanding of non-ventilator-associated hospital-acquired pneumonia (NV-HAP).
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) has awarded a $4.8 million grant to the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to help communities develop capability to improve health and to spread effective community-driven approaches to help build a Culture of Health.
- New Patient Safety Center at VA Pittsburgh Evaluates Medical Products for National Use
- Vocera Addresses Population Health with Enhanced Care Coordination Solution
- Clinical Engineering and IT Excellence Recognized by ACCE-HIMSS
- HHS Proposes Path to Improve Health Technology and Transform Care
- ABQAURP News
- Aquisition Brings Cultural Transformation Expertise for Healthcare Provider Clients
- Call to Action on Transparency in Healthcare to Improve Patient Safety
- Companies Plan to Create Model for System-wide Outcomes Improvement
- Case Analysis Examines Vulnerabilities in Diagnostic Process
- Tru-D SmartUVC LLC and Premier, Inc. Contract Improves Infection Prevention
- John Q. Sherman Award for Excellence in Patient Engagement Call for Nominations
- ECRI Institute Releases Top 10 Healthcare Technology Issues for 2015
- ABMRS to Offer Professional Credential in Magnetic Resonance Safety
- Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety Relaunches to Improve Patient Safety
- New Coalition Focuses on Continuous Patient Monitoring