Business News for Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare
First Databank (FDB), a provider of clinical drug knowledge that helps improve medication-related decisions and patient outcomes,has entered into an agreement with Polyglot Systems to be the primary distributor of Polyglot’s proprietary Meducation® simplified patient medication instructions to the hospital, ambulatory, and pharmacy markets in the United States and Canada.
Between 1990 and 2010, the number of limited English proficiency (LEP) individuals in the United States has grown by 80%, exceeding 280,000 individuals nationally.
The Palm Medical Group, a division of Hygea Healthcare, has selected HealthFusion, Inc., provider of top-ranked MediTouch® EHR software, as the Vendor of Choice for electronic health records (EHRs).
When patients communicate with healthcare providers, medical jargon sometimes makes it seem they are speaking a different language. Imagine what it would be like if they were, in fact, speaking a different language.
Huron Consulting Group Inc., a provider of business consulting services, has entered into an agreement to acquire Studer Group, a professional services firm that assists healthcare providers achieve cultural transformation to deliver and sustain exceptional improvement in clinical outcomes and financial results.
Allina Health and Health Catalyst have signed a definitive agreement valued at over $100 million to combine technologies, clinical content, and front-line personnel in an unprecedented effort to improve the quality and lower the cost of care for Allina’s patients and to serve as a model for outcomes improvement nationwide.
Tru-D SmartUVC LLC has been awarded a group purchasing agreement with the Premier, Inc., for room equipment infection prevention products.
- PSO Leaders Partner to Improve Patient Care
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Renews Contract for DebMed Hand Hygiene Monitoring System
- Halyard Health Solutions Focus on Infection Prevention
- BD’s Acquistion of CareFusion Offers Integrated Medication Management, Patient Safety Solutions
- New Healthcare Technology Options Offered by Mayo Clinic in Minnesota
- Hospital's ASTEC Center Improves Patient Safety, Ensures Critical OR Skills Using Qstream Platform