Business News for Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare
LiveData, Inc. has announced that Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) has expanded its deployment of LiveData PeriOp Manager™, adding LiveData OR-Schedule Board™ to its growing patient safety and operational intelligence deployments. A key module in LiveData PeriOp Manager, OR-Schedule Board provides a large-screen view of the day's surgical cases, showing the real-time status of all rooms in the OR suite with case milestone indications and alerts. It dynamically updates changes in real-time and uniquely predicts the actual case flow for the day, so perioperative teams have actionable data to influence OR utilization.
LiveData PeriOp Manager synchronizes perioperative workflow throughout the entire perioperative suite. Coordinating patient flow, patient care, and related resources from preoperative assessment to discharge in real-time, PeriOp Manager streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates. OR-Schedule Board is a real-time view of the day’s surgical caseload. It automatically adjusts case start and end times based on real-time case workflow monitoring, and provides interactive tools to automate OR assignment and clinical staffing on the fly.
“Hospitals are under constant pressure to cut costs safely, while maintaining their commitment to patient safety and quality healthcare,” said LiveData CEO Jeff Robbins. “One of the most effective way to improve the bottom line is by optimizing the scheduling of resources, both equipment and personnel. OR-Schedule Board brings a new level of efficiency and effectiveness to clinical staff and management.”
OR-Schedule Board has been deployed in all operating rooms at Mass General.
Web-based OR-Schedule Board is accessible from any authorized workstation throughout the OR suite – PreOp, PACU, ICU, staff lounges, and even locker rooms.
LiveData PeriOp Manager integrates real-time data with workflow automation to coordinate and manage patient care throughout the perioperative suite. PeriOp Manager includes:
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow confirms the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking.
- Family Waiting Board: a display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- Analytics: comprehensive big data analysis, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
Halifax Regional Medical Center reports streamlined workflows and enhanced patient care after working with Iatric Systems, Inc., a comprehensive healthcare IT integration company, to integrate Welch Allyn and Nihon Kohden medical devices with its electronic health record (EHR) in various hospital areas.
First Databank (FDB), a provider of clinical drug knowledge that helps improve medication-related decisions and patient outcomes,has entered into an agreement with Polyglot Systems to be the primary distributor of Polyglot’s proprietary Meducation® simplified patient medication instructions to the hospital, ambulatory, and pharmacy markets in the United States and Canada.
Between 1990 and 2010, the number of limited English proficiency (LEP) individuals in the United States has grown by 80%, exceeding 280,000 individuals nationally.
The Palm Medical Group, a division of Hygea Healthcare, has selected HealthFusion, Inc., provider of top-ranked MediTouch® EHR software, as the Vendor of Choice for electronic health records (EHRs).
When patients communicate with healthcare providers, medical jargon sometimes makes it seem they are speaking a different language. Imagine what it would be like if they were, in fact, speaking a different language.
Huron Consulting Group Inc., a provider of business consulting services, has entered into an agreement to acquire Studer Group, a professional services firm that assists healthcare providers achieve cultural transformation to deliver and sustain exceptional improvement in clinical outcomes and financial results.
- Companies Plan to Create Model for System-wide Outcomes Improvement
- Tru-D SmartUVC LLC and Premier, Inc. Contract Improves Infection Prevention
- PSO Leaders Partner to Improve Patient Care
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Renews Contract for DebMed Hand Hygiene Monitoring System
- Halyard Health Solutions Focus on Infection Prevention
- BD’s Acquistion of CareFusion Offers Integrated Medication Management, Patient Safety Solutions