Since its inception in 2006, The Way-Paver Award for Bedside Barcoding has acknowledged the exceptional contributions of individuals and organizations who have helped clear the path and pave the way to safer patient care by applying bar-code technology in healthcare.
PDI, maker of infection prevention products and solutions, continues to reinforce the importance of a complete infection prevention program for skin antisepsis.
Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare and Georgia Tech Institute for People and Technology have joined forces to present a one-day conference on the latest Infection Control strategies. Infection Control Challenges and Solutions Conference will be held in Atlanta on Thursday, October 14, at the GTRI Conference Center.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) recently issued a policy statement that underscores the importance of safe, accurate, and effective diagnostic tests by recommending that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) begin to actively exert its authority to regulate high-risk laboratory developed tests (LDTs) that are being utilized by physicians to make treatment decisions, including the tailoring of an individual’s cancer treatment regimen.
An advanced healthcare analytics and workflow software package, the Juvo Care Performance Platform is being launched by Midas+, A Xerox Company, to collect and analyze today’s massive amount of patient-care data and deliver detailed recommendations for better healthcare.
The Joint Commission has issued a new Sentinel Event Alert that addresses the risks of accidental medical tubing misconnections that can cause severe patient injury or death.
CareFusion Launches App to Help Clinicians Improve Patient Care for Mechanically Ventilated Patients
CareFusion, a global medical technology company, has announced the availability of a new capability on the CareFusion Respiratory Knowledge Portal to help clinicians improve patient care for ventilated patients.
Covidien has announced that CHRISTUS Health is converting to the company’s Nellcor™ pulse oximetry technology to increase patient safety. Pulse oximeters may provide early warning of dangerous respiratory complications, enabling clinicians to detect and address life-threatening events sooner.
Cerner Corporation and Siemens AG recently announced they signed a definitive agreement for Cerner to acquire the assets of Siemens’ health information technology business unit, Siemens Health Services, for $1.3 billion in cash.
Survey: Work-related Injuries and Their Potential Impact on Quality Patient Care to be of Great Concern to Nursing Workforce
While U.S. healthcare continues its radical digital transformation, nurses continue to face legacy physical burdens that potentially impact the quality of patient care.
Widespread. Threatening to patients. Difficult to eliminate. Characteristics of a deadly new disease? Not quite. The issue is alarm hazards—the No. 1 danger on ECRI Institute’s 2014 Top 10 Health Technology Hazards list.
Since the creation of the Medicare and Medicaid programs in 1965, the public has provided tens of billions of dollars to fund graduate medical education (GME), the period of residency and fellowship that is provided to physicians after they receive a medical degree.
For young adults who have been diagnosed with a chronic condition like Type 1 diabetes or growth hormone deficiency, health concerns can add a degree of difficulty to transitions like leaving for college or living alone for the first time. The new Transitions of Care initiative spearheaded by the Endocrine Society provides interactive toolkits to help young adults who have hormone conditions navigate the shift from a pediatric to an adult healthcare team.
Infirmary Health Achieves Rapid Physician Adoption of its EHR Using Nuance Cloud-Based Speech Recognition
Nuance Communications, Inc., has announced that Infirmary Health has achieved rapid success deploying Nuance clinical speech recognition technology embedded within Epic’s apps, which simplifies how physicians enter clinical information on mobile devices.
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor is expanding its deployment of LiveData PeriOp Manager patient safety and operational intelligence solution to 10 new operating rooms.
- Reduce Readmissions to Lower Healthcare Costs: ASQ Survey
- Welch Allyn Expands Connex Vital Signs Monitor to Improve Bedside Patient Safety
- AAMI, ECRI Institute Report Guides Senior Executives on Meeting Key Healthcare Technology Safety Challenges
- Baptist Health Becomes World’s First Health System to Adopt Uniforms with Fluid-Repelling, Antimicrobial Textile Technology
- The Joint Commission Alerts Healthcare Industry to Prevalence of Unsafe Injection Practices
- Boston Hospitals Report Improved Patient Outcomes, Financial Savings from Nurse-led Initiatives
- Louisiana’s Top-ranked Health System Adds to RL6 Patient Safety Software
- National Patient Safety Foundation Welcomes Betsy Lehman Center
- Medical Recliners Help Healthcare Providers with New Care Act Requirements
- Disinfection Robot Improves Patient Safety and Prevents Infection
- The UnSummit for Healthcare Barcoding Calls for Abstracts
- The Joint Commission Releases New Speak Up Infographic on Anesthesia and Sedation Safety
- Common Vaccine Error Leaves Patients Unprotected
- Presidential Advisory Council Recommends Systems Engineering to Improve Healthcare
- MEPS Real-Time Introduces Smallest RFID Smart Tag for Pharmacy Automation