Employers Post a Job Jobseekers View Jobs or Post a Resume
LATEST PATIENT SAFETY AND QUALITY HEALTHCARE NEWS
PSQH CAREER CENTER
MOST READ ARTICLES
- Malpractice Claims Analysis Confirms Risks in EHRs
- Medication Reconciliation: Getting Started with IT
- Don’t (Always) Give Blood
- Interdisciplinary Leadership Team Responds to Escalating Drug Shortages
- Healthcare Analytics: Patient Engagement — What Can We Learn from Other Industries?
- Special Advertising Section: Hand Hygiene—Always a Gentleman
PATIENT SAFETY AND QUALITY HEALTHCARE BLOG
Infection Prevention through Proper Hand Hygiene:
The Need for Higher Standards & New Technologies
October 23, 2014 at 11AM EDT & October 23, 2014 2PM EDT
Arm yourself and protect your patients by learning about higher clinical standards for hand hygiene and their importance, the first-hand impact of an HAI on a patient, and one health system's experience with electronic hand hygiene monitoring as part of their infection prevention program.
- Dr. Didier Pittet from the World Health Organization will present the Five Moments of Hand Hygiene and why they are so crucial in the healthcare setting
- Ellen Hargett will share her experience of contracting an HAI while being cared for at the facility where she worked
- Connie Steed, Director of Infection Prevention at Greenville Health System, will discuss how she and her team are working to increase hand hygiene compliance and improve patient safety
Bonus! All attendees will recieve a copy of the book Clean Hands Save Lives, co-authored by Dr. Pittet.
If you missed Q-Centrix's recent webinar Strategies to Manage Hospital Acquired Conditions Reporting in an ACA World - An IC Check-Up here's your chance to check it out: